Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Trading Strategy
Lightbulb 
Whenever I've made bad trades, & I've made some bad trades over the years, it's always been because my emotions got in the way.
So I came up with a basic strategy to minimize emotional distress & ensure I wont end up with massive losses regardless of market fluctuations.

This applies to coins you have researched, believe in & intend to hold long term. This is NOT a day trading strategy.

1) On coins you hold, if price rises sharply & keeps its new value after a day or so, sell 5% of your holdings in that coin.

The reason for this is twofold.
a) If the coin continues to rise, you  won't feel bad about having sold a small portion of your bag since you only missed out on 5% additional value. Instead use the BTC/USD you now have to invest in a new coin or keep in your reserves if they are low.
b) If the coin instead drops back to or near its previous price, you are then able to buy back using your 5% sale to increase your holdings in that coin.

2) If a coin you  hold drops sharply, always keep small amounts of BTC/USD available to buy more coins & improve your cost average. 

3) It is important to diversify your portfolio, including holding BTC & USD in your portfolio at all exchanges you trade on. This allows for greater opportunities & less risk of loss.

4) Diversifying exchanges is also very important to minimize loss or missed opportunities from exchange hacks or downtime. Always have BTC/USD & 5% of your portfolio ready to buy or sell at any exchange as deposits & withdrawals generally take longer or may be unavailable when volume & market fluctuations are high.

I hope this helps you on your quest for world domination! Let me know if you agree or disagree with my strategy. I'm only human after all... Tongue
(02-14-2018, 07:09 AM)serg Wrote: Whenever I've made bad trades, & I've made some bad trades over the years, it's always been because my emotions got in the way.
So I came up with a basic strategy to minimize emotional distress & ensure I wont end up with massive losses regardless of market fluctuations.

This applies to coins you have researched, believe in & intend to hold long term. This is NOT a day trading strategy.

1) On coins you hold, if price rises sharply & keeps its new value after a day or so, sell 5% of your holdings in that coin.

The reason for this is twofold.
a) If the coin continues to rise, you  won't feel bad about having sold a small portion of your bag since you only missed out on 5% additional value. Instead use the BTC/USD you now have to invest in a new coin or keep in your reserves if they are low.
b) If the coin instead drops back to or near its previous price, you are then able to buy back using your 5% sale to increase your holdings in that coin.

2) If a coin you  hold drops sharply, always keep small amounts of BTC/USD available to buy more coins & improve your cost average. 

3) It is important to diversify your portfolio, including holding BTC & USD in your portfolio at all exchanges you trade on. This allows for greater opportunities & less risk of loss.

4) Diversifying exchanges is also very important to minimize loss or missed opportunities from exchange hacks or downtime. Always have BTC/USD & 5% of your portfolio ready to buy or sell at any exchange as deposits & withdrawals generally take longer or may be unavailable when volume & market fluctuations are high.

I hope this helps you on your quest for world domination! Let me know if you agree or disagree with my strategy. I'm only human after all... Tongue

I'm working on that 5% rule now... If only those damned coins would rise... 0% DOESN'T work, I can tell you that!!
I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong..
We had such an insane bull run last year leading into January, it will take some time before this happens again. I firmly believe the markets are heavily manipulated which is why I diversify heavily to take advantage of the "next" coin being pushed to the moon. I would argue NOW is the time to slowly invest in alts, primarily using FIAT money if possible since alts could continue to drop & BTC rise.
aye i was kinda hoping troll would hold steady at over 150 satoshi, but I was wrong, coulda at least followed this rule and made a bit extra troll back.