Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Security item
It would be great if there's a security item with the story of the 5M $troll that got stolen and a link to @notsofast's Security Primer.
I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong..
(03-05-2018, 07:57 AM)Xessive72 Wrote: It would be great if there's a security item with the story of the 5M $troll that got stolen and a link to @notsofast's Security Primer.

Sounds like a plan! Any furhter ideas with regards to ideas?!
(03-10-2018, 04:36 PM)trolladmin Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 07:57 AM)Xessive72 Wrote: It would be great if there's a security item with the story of the 5M $troll that got stolen and a link to @notsofast's Security Primer.

No idea  Tongue

Ah yeah, one at the moment. It would be nice if there's an option in the $troll wallet (V2.1) where the user can select the path where the files will reside instead of the default (windows) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ folder.
I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong..
(03-10-2018, 06:13 PM)Xessive72 Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 04:36 PM)trolladmin Wrote:

No idea  Tongue

Ah yeah, one at the moment. It would be nice if there's an option in the $troll wallet (V2.1) where the user can select the path where the files will reside instead of the default (windows) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ folder.

that is always nice to have the choice, making it default can cause issues if someone wants to hack ya and knows exactly where it is going to be.
(03-15-2018, 03:10 PM)sscultima Wrote: that is always nice to have the choice, making it default can cause issues if someone wants to hack ya and knows exactly where it is going to be.

I agree entirely however if someone is intelligent enough to hack your wallet using a known directory they are probably smart enough to scan a configuration file and find the directory from there. Honestly it's really hard to keep crypto secure unless you're storing it offline. Just grab an old laptop, throw Linux on it (not entirely necessary), and only connect to the internet when you're updating the local chain or need to make transactions. I think people too often make the mistake of installing/running software on their wallet machines, regardless of which OS you're running, and it just causes tons of issues. :/